Monday, April 27, 2009

Anthony and Devon have been in gymnastics now for 3 months. They are both in different classes and go once a week. About a month ago, Anthony's teacher told me about the try outs for the boys team for 4 and 5 year olds. She really wanted me to have Anthony try out April 25. I thought, why not, a good experience for us all.

We all showed up at 9am on Saturday. There were about 30 boys trying out and only 6 would make it. They had all the boys line up into 2 separate lines and just asked them to do certain moves and stretches for about 45 minutes. and then the other 30 minutes they had them on the rings the bars and the floor. It was sooooooo fun to watch and at times hilarious! I honestly did not think he would make it--we did not care either way; he got to go to gymnastics twice in one week!! At the end of the try-outs they said that they would post the children that made it on Monday and that we could check online.

Well, I had completely forgotten about it and around 2 or 3 in the afternoon on Monday, I get a phone call from Chris the boys'team coach telling me that Anthony had had the flexibility, strength and body type they were looking for and that he had made the team!! He told me that Anthony would start on June 1 twice a week for a total of 2 1/2 hours. H e said that Anthony and the other members would be training to compete when they turn 6. We are thrilled, but we don't know what our decision will be only because so much is going to happen in that month--A NEW BABY, MY RECOVERY, and not to mention PRESCHOOL ON THE SAME DAYS AND TIME IN THE FALL!!!!--I think I can work out the preschool situation, but a baby???? We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Sachiko said...

Wow Linds, that's fantastic. Way to go Anthony! Sachiko and I will be watching and waiting for him to be in the Olympics.